Struggling to find the perfect shaving supplies for your hair type? We’ve listed the top shaving products for all types of hair and beards to help you achieve the smoothest and closest shave!
Depending on your experience level, there’s an endless selection of shaving tools available to you. We’ve selected some of our favourite that are suitable for all hair types.
- Safety Razor Blade Samplers – The best way to determine which blades are suited towards your hair and skin type is to purchase a blade sampler!
- Rockwell Barbershop Shaving Cream – This soothing cream has a classic barbershop scent and works great with all hair types.
- Muhle R106 Double-Edge Classic Safety Razor, Black Handle – An elegant and classic model, this gives a mild to aggressive shave.
- Fendrihan Shaving Creams – Made in England – Available in a variety of fragrances, these creams are ultra-nourishing and soften skin to prepare it for a close shave.
Thin & Fine Hair
Finding the right shaving products for thin and fine hair can be a tricky process. Along with trial and error, some of the most effective shaving tools for thin/fine hair are listed below:
- Merkur 34C Double Edge Safety Razor – The most popular beginner’s model, the 34C is recommended for those new to wet-shaving and those with thin/fine hair because of its gentle head.
- Derby Extra Double Edge Safety Razor Blades – Mild yet effective, Derby blades are a great starting blade as they won’t irritate skin and will serve as a good indicator if you need to increase the aggressiveness of the blade.
- Weishi Gunmetal Finish Classic Double-Edge Razor – Ideal for thin hair and beginners, this model is gentle on skin and is a great option for perfecting your shaving technique.
- Fendrihan Shaving Soap, Made in France – All-natural, this soap gives skin added nourishment and works well with fine hair and sensitive skin
Thick & Coarse Hair
With thick and coarse hair, you’ll be able to tolerate a bit more aggressiveness with your shaving style. Simple changes to your shaving style, like the blades you use, can make a huge difference in your shave.
Tools to help you effortlessly cut through coarse hair are listed below!
- Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment – Preparation is key, especially if your beard is tough to work through. Warming skin and softening hair will make a huge difference in the overall quality and closeness of your shave.
- Feather Double Edge Safety Razor Blades – These are among the sharpest blades available and come in packs of 10 to 200. Don’t be fooled by their packaging -Feather Japan has confirmed all their blades are identical, differing only in packaging; black dispensers contain 5 blades while the yellow dispensers contain 10 blades.
- Fendrihan“Kingston” Open Comb Safety Razor Head with Fendrihan Stainless Steel Handle – One of our most aggressive models, you’ll need very few passes for this durable model to cut through the toughest of hair. We recommend this for experienced wet shavers to reduce the possibility of irritation as well as nicks and cuts.
- Proraso Red Pre-Post Shave Cream for Coarse Beard with Sandalwood and Shea Butter – Use a quality shave cream that nourishes hair and underlying skin to prevent against razor burn. This product is especially useful as it can be used as a shave cream and a post-shave soothing cream!